Get started with LastPass Teams in just a few simple steps.
Create and Setup Your Admin Account
- Step 1: Visit LastPass.com and sign up for a free 14-day trial of Teams. All you need to enter is your name, email address, phone number, number of users and your role.
- Step 2: Create your master password. (Check out these tips for master passwords.) Once your Teams trial is started, on the next screen, follow the steps to create your master password. This account will give you access to your data anywhere you can log into LastPass since your stored data is securely synced to our servers.
- Step 3: Download LastPass on all of your devices. Start by visiting our downloads page where LastPass will recommend an appropriate installer for you. Click ‘Quick Install’ to download the recommended option or click ‘Download’ to download the LastPass Universal Installer. You can click on any of the tabs to specify the platform within which you wish to download and install LastPass. All of LastPass’ products can be found here:
- Download Browser Extensions – To install the LastPass extension in your browser, visit the Quick Install page and select the type of browser you’re using.
- Download Mobile Apps – LastPass is available on iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices. You can download apps from the Mobile menu on the Quick Install page. To learn more about the features and experience on our mobile apps, visit the Mobile App Manuals.
- Step 4: From any of the devices where you downloaded and installed LastPass, log in with your email address and master password. You will be launched into your vault, where you can begin saving accounts.
Add Sites to Your Vault
Now that your LastPass account is setup, you need to get all of your sites into your vault, and there are a few ways you can do so. Read through these options and select the one that works best for you:
Give LastPass access to scan your email inbox for existing accounts and it will reset & generate new passwords, and upload them to your vault for a fast, hassle-free way to fill up your vault. For full details visit: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/downloading-and-installing/inbox-importer/
Allow the browser extension to recognize credentials as you log into sites, and add them to LastPass. For full details visit: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/adding-a-site/
If you store passwords in another browser, or password manager, you can use our pre-established formats to import directly into LastPass. If your password manager is unavailable you can still download that information into a .CSV and upload it into LastPass easily. For full details visit: https://enterprise.lastpass.com/getting-started/importing-existing-data-into-lastpass/.
Add sites directly into your vault manually. For full details visit: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/adding-a-site/
Invite Your Team
Now that your vault is up and running, you need team members to collaborate with and share sites with.
- Access your dashboard: From your vault, click the Gear icon in the left-hand menu to go to your admin dashboard. This is how you switch from your own password vault to your admin dashboard, where you can manage your team, including adding and removing users, setting policies, and managing shared folders.
- Invite users: Click Users in the left-hand menu and then select “Add User” in the top right to start inviting team members. Simply enter the user’s email address and name, and click “Add User.” That user will then receive an email invitation to create a LastPass account and join your team. Once you have members in your team, you are able to share folders with them, update their access permissions, add policies to their account, and they will be able to add sites to their vault.
Link Your Personal Account
The Link Personal Account option allows LastPass Teams users to link their Personal LastPass Accounts with their Teams Accounts. This enables users to access their personal LastPass entries while using their Teams Account, all while keeping the two accounts separate.
To set up a Linked Personal Account, log in to the LastPass browser extension with your Teams credentials. Go to the LastPass Plug-In Icon -> My LastPass Vault, and click on the “Link Personal Account” link on the left-hand actions menu. Follow the prompts.
- Once linked, the user’s personal account will appear in their Teams Account as a separate folder in the account under the personal username/email address.
- The data that is stored in a linked personal account is entirely the property of the end user, not the Team. There is no circumstance under which an Teams admin can access any data in a user’s linked personal account. No login events from the personal linked account will be logged in the Teams reporting. Upon termination of the Teams account, the user’s Personal account will remain intact and untouched, and available for continued use by the employee.
- This personal folder is treated as a Shared Folder between the Teams Account and Personal Account, and is subject to the same restrictions and properties that a Shared Folder is limited to. These restrictions can be read about at the Shared Folders page.
- Data can be moved from the Personal Linked Account Folder to the Teams Folder, and vice versa. Click here to learn more about migrating data between accounts.
LastPass supports the below web browsers, operating systems and mobile devices.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.7+
We have previously built versions of LastPass for platforms that we no longer develop for. Users are welcome to install and use them, but we cannot offer technical support for these versions.
Users are strongly recommended to download and run the installer from our website on all browsers you regularly use.